In Real Life is a digital environment dedicated to providing young people with ‘real world’ answers to questions about sex and relationships. In Real Life is a joint partnership between Family Planning NSW, ACON and the Centre for Social Research in Health (CSRH) at UNSW.
In Real Life is funded by the Australian Government as part of their National STI Strategy. You can find more on this strategy on the Department of Health’s webpage.
Consumer engagement with young people has played a key role in the planning, development and implementation of this project alongside consultation with representatives from leading organisations within this field across the country. These organisations include:
- ACT Health
- Australian Association for Adolescent Health
- Centre for Social Research in Health at UNSW
- Department of Health and Human Services, Tasmania
- Family Planning Welfare Association NT
- Family Planning Tasmania
- Institute for Urban Indigenous Health, Queensland
- NSW Sexually Transmissible Infections Program Unit, NSW Health
- QLD Department of Health
- SA Health
- Sexual Health and Blood Borne Virus Unit (Northern Territory)
- SHine SA
- University of New South Wales
- University of Technology Sydney
- Department of Health and Human Services, Victoria
- WA Health
We thank all those involved for their contributions.